Digital Naming Convention Design & Documentation
If you ever asked yourself,
- How should we name this newly collected data?
- Do we have consistent campaign tagging (UTMs) in place to accurately attribute our marketing campaigns to the right channels?
- Why do we have an event/conversion named ‘form-submission’ and another one named ‘FORM-SUBMITTED’?
… but did not get a satisfactory answer, you are not alone.
We have helped businesses create a descriptive and consistent naming convention to use across multiple channels and teams along with the tools to stay consistent over time. Digital naming conventions bring order to chaos and make sure everyone in a business speaks the same language. There is no room for variability and inconsistencies which can lead to confusion, errors, and inefficiencies.
What You Get:
- Standardisation: Standard and descriptive structure/format to data.
- Collaboration: Broken down data silos across the organisation.
- Documentation: Guidelines on how to structure/format data for future reference and future employees.
- Automation: Naming convention generator to avoid human errors.
- Campaign Tagging: Consistent UTMs to make sure that your marketing campaigns (paid and owned) are attributed to the right channel for optimisations.
We will run interviews with the key business stakeholders to understand your business needs and how data is presently being used.
We will audit the existing Analytics setup and configuration.
We will create the Naming Convention document and improve on this as per business stakeholders' feedback.
04. Setup & Configuration
If campaign tagging (UTMs) / Channel Grouping needs to be updated in Google Analytics, we will do that.
If needed, we will provide guidelines and a naming convention generator to avoid manual errors/inputs.
It is easy! Fill in your name and email address. Select Digital Naming Convention Design & Documentation from the Select a Service menu. Add any comments you like. Submit your request. We’ll get back to you right away.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Your existing Google Analytics version (Universal Analytics (GA3)) has a completely new data model. This is why it is important to implement Google Analytics 4 on your website/app as soon as possible.
We have experience helping SMB, larger organisations, and ecommerce businesses across multiple verticals. We have the capability to adapt and bring value to any organisation that wants to make better data-driven decisions.
Yes, it is free. We will audit your website and identify the areas within your Google Analytics setup that have issues and can be improved. As a result, you can make better data-driven, business decisions. But there is no obligation! You don’t have to work with us after the audit.
Get a Free
Enter your name and email address. We'll send you a free copy of our GA4 guide, which highlights the importance of migrating to GA4 and its amazing benefits for your business.